Re: Re: Color Kinetics in the Sunday Times

> Ah OK, so when is some bright spark here going to produce a DMX512
> equivalent for a fiver ;-)

Hi All

Well after a few hours programming I have a DMX controller working. It is
currently working with a modified light to allow 0 - 5 V switching, the new
transistors should arrive tomorrow then I'll try it with an unmodified unit.

(Enough techy talk for now before the star trek theme starts again :-))

The controller itself is about 1" 1/2 by 1", but now has a small keypad
attached to it. In normal mode pressing buttons 0 to 9 recall those memories
which allow the colour stored in that memory to be displayed.

Pressing the "*" key puts the unit into programming mode and allows each of
the three colours to be set to any of the 256 levels.

1 = dim
2 = set to 1/2 brightness
3 = bright
4 = red
5 = green
6 = blue
7 = step in 1's
8 = step in 5's
9 = step in 10's
0 = off all lights
# followed by number programs that memory

This is a first attempt but seems to work fine and suits one of my own
applications. Depending on time I'll have a look at rs232 although I'll have
to knock together a small protocol unless I go straight for xAP, although
xap and DMX running at 250Khz would certainly be a challenge in a 4Mhz PIC!

If anyone can think of any other basic need then shout up although I cant
promise I'll be able to code it !

If any of the moderators are reading if you let me know if the color
kinetics threads get to much & I'll move it off group but I believe at the
minute your trying not to create any more spins off's ?

Ian D

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor