RE: OT: APS Camera Suggestions

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: APS Camera Suggestions
  • From: "Ray Barnett" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:57:36 +0100

Why not buy a good quality 35mm compact camera and a guillotine then?
Serious suggestion, because all that happens when you switch an APS camera
to landscape is that it codes information on the negative asking the
processor to print it bigger then cut the top and bottom off - something you
can do yourself with any photo. Throwing away half the negative (which is
effectively what APS does) has always seemed daft to me given how small the
negative is to start off with.

Modern 35mm compacts are very easy to load film to, can be idiot proof, and
turn out fine results. APS (IMHO) seems to limit your choice on cameras, and
ups the costs of film and processing quite a bit.

Ray Barnett.