RE: Color Kinetics Controller

Rob Mouser wrote:

> a thread which may as well be written in another language to me!

Rob - I know _exactly_ how you feel :-)

> Ps. Did you get this line out of Startrek:

I think that, for me, the most amazing thing about Star Trek isn't the technology, or the fact that the aliens all look like people, but the totally unrealistic IT/systems support that the crew receive. Based on MY experience, when Capt. Kirk got into trouble, the conversations with engineering would go like this:

Kirk: Mr. Scott, I need 110% from those engines now.

Scott: Sorry, Captain, but you cut the engine headroom provision from last year's budget. I told you at the time that we'd need it, but you said I'd have to ask for funding as an exceptional item when if we actually needed it. Do you want me to raise a purchase order, Captain?

Kirk: Mr. Scott, is that engine repaired yet?

Scott: Well, Captain, I logged a call with Galactic Hyperdrive on wednesday. They sent an engineer round that afternoon, who ran a set of diagnostics, but claimed the engines working and it was a problem with the control systems. So I logged a call with Universal Engine Controls that evening. We don't have a 24-hour support contract with them, and the engineer covering this sector was at another client's, so he didn't turn up till thursday lunchtime. He reckons that the control systems are fine, and it IS an engine problem. I arranged a conference call with both of them, and they reckon they've turned up an incompatability between the engines and the control systems in their knowledge base. They reckon that there's a hotfix to resolve the problem that Starfleet should have picked up and installed last time we went in for routine maintenance Captain. The solution, they say, is actually to upgrade to the newer version of the control software... but that's not a warranty item.

Regards,

Mark

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor