color kinetics update

  • To: "HA Yahoo group UK" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: color kinetics update
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 09:58:50 +0100

Hi All

Firstly I presume everyone has received there order by now, if anyone hasn'= t then please get in touch ASAP. One thing I had forgot to mention was that= not all the lights had the little plastic clips but B&Q have some 28mm= pipe clips that fit fine. I have had many emails asking for more units to = which I have both good and bad news, below is a full explanation.

After the original posting to the group I made contact with the supplier vi= a telephone. This was the only contact I had, his number scribbled on a rip= ped piece of paper. At first asking for 50 units which soon turned into 150= . I drove to there warehouse which as I have mentioned in the past is an ol= d barn at the end of a dirt track. Awaiting me were two sealed boxes one wi= th the lights the other with the psu's. The supplier will only deal in cash= . I handed over the cash and returned to my work.

Over the next couple of days all the lights were tested. There were thirty = six faulty units including some with missing pieces and one of the short ty= pe of lights. A return trip was made this time by one of my engineers with = instructions to test all the lights and also to swap sixteen faulty PSU's.<= BR>

At this time I also started asking how any more units were available and wa= s told they were to test the rest of the units.

When we tested the replacement PSU's only six worked and the rest were faul= ty. When I then contacted the supplier I was informed that he suspected me = of removing parts from some of the returned units, although I explained tha= t was how I had received them.

I was in touch with the supplier over the next week and eventually he telep= honed to say he had 100 working units and thirty PSU's did I want them but = it was sold as seen. I said yes and sent the engineer back again to test al= l the units before return (he went at 9-30 and returned at 3-45). All 150 o= f the first units were sold, I only ended up with my original three. Now I = will have approx sixty five to seventy units for sale. The bad news is I fe= el I have no choice to but to increase the price to =A315 per unit for the = lights. I really hope I do not offend anyone by doing this but I already ha= ve two faulty units that light dim when powered but do not do anything else= . The time and travel alone have mounted up far more than I had originally = imagined. In these cases I could soon find myself out of pocket by a few hu= ndred pounds. I have not been back in touch with the supplier for a week no= w so at this time I do not know if anymore are available. If people do stil= l want these units I'm not sure of the fairest way to distribute what is le= ft but I'll probably post to ask advice.

Again I am sorry for the increase but dealing with this supplier is far fro= m what I'm used to and causes problems that do not normally exist.

If anyone does still require any units please email (OFF LIST) with the wor= ds "color kinetics" in the subject field.

Ian_D

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""