RE: RJ45 modules are wired to 568B

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RJ45 modules are wired to 568B
  • From: "Martin" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:30:06 +0100

I think Mark is quite right, you decide which wiring standard to punch
down. All RJ45 outlets are the same, basically the pairs are swapped
over on 1,2 and 3,6. on 568A and 568B(or 258A), and i think most
manufacturers identify in pin numbers on the IDC block.You should try to
stick to the same manufacturer of outlets as patch panels. They are
manufactured as an endto end system and therefore using a different
outlet at one end may result in a reduction in performance, although
i've never had a problem on the odd occasion that i've installed and
tested it, presumably you have a patch panel your adding to.

Electrical wholesalers stock Cat5 outlets and bits suggest you pop into
your local and view before you buy.

[Martin]