Re: Do you really need a projector screen? - NO - Paint code

BUTLER, Tony, FM wrote:
> shocker!  Actually, am getting less enamoured of play lately - their R1
> stock doesn't seem that great and the site seems to be shifting focus a bit
> more towards R2 - I wonder are they preparing to get out of R1 if necessary
> (eg crackdowns)?
> Can you recommend another good DVD etailer?

Well, I currently still use Play..... they do Region 1 with my Solo
card, which most people wont touch with a barge pole....! Used to use
streetsonline for R2s but they stopped doing Solo :(

Aaaaaaah, feck..... a bit of digging gives me this from
www.videoessentials.com
66

The distribution of Video Essentials will draw to a close nearly four
years after it was brought to market in October of 1997. It will be
making way for a new generation of DVD that uses 1080p/24 High
Definition source material and "True Progressive Mastering". The
remaining copies of this highly sought after disc will be available at
retail. As supplies get short we'll list retailers who let us know they
still have stock.

Among the features of Video Essentials, that will not be replicated in
any future program, is the "Montage of Images" in Chapter 1 of Title 19.
It has become the industry reference for evaluating most aspects of
video systems, including differences between composite and component,
progressive and interlaced video, and the ability of video processors to
recognize progressive video within an interlaced signal. Since the
replacement program will be produced in the HDTV 1080p/24 frame format,
and will be designed to test parameters associated with the latest video
formats, the original montage will continue to be a primary source in
evaluating parameters associated with standard definition pictures. It
may be wise to stock-up while they're still available.

The Video Essentials web site will continue to be available as an audio
and video information resource associated with the program.
99

I checked Amazon.com and they seemed to only have it used.... :S

> Pah, actually _going into_ shops is so passe dude - not been to HMV/Virgin
> for a couple of years now!

LOL! Yeah.... I normally find myself going in and having a look around
(breaking up a shopping trip with SWMBO is about all
HMV/Virgin/Currys/Dixons etc are good for :) )

I'm pretty sure there's another similar one out from Aria or Avia or
something ISTR..... :S

I've got the Video Essentials DVD that I can give you a loan of if you
can't find the current one anywhere, or the new one whenever it comes

--
Doogie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor