RE: Do you really need a projector screen? - NO - Paint code

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Do you really need a projector screen? - NO - Paint code
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:51:36 +0100

> LOL, true - indeed ATM, I am 'letting' SWMBO decide on the colours for=
our
> bedroom.
> This means:
> a/ I don't have the hassle of trying to choose em
> b/ No browsing p0xy B&Q's paint aisles
> c/ Not my fault if it looks awful

No downsides to that idea then. ;)

> tinkered as in "turned the contrast up"? :-D

Nope, tinkered as in the contrast, brightness and colour toyed with on
both the projector and the i-Scan. The problem is always finding the
correct level to allow detail on "black" surfaces, like a black j= acket
or similar where you can still see the folds in the cloth but the jacket yet it remains black to the eye. Smoke and mirrors really.

> That reminds me - how much life is left in the bulb on mine?  &am= p; r they
> expensive (I'm guessing "oh yeah!" here :()

There should be a good bit of life left in it, remember I only used the
machine for about eight months or summat like that so, under normal
conditions, I would expect at least another year or two without much, if any degradation in quality. When they do need changing they run to about =A3200 a pop, which ain't *that* bad for about 2000 hours of use. The one cautionary tale I got about not running the lamps too long was that they can "pop" and blow, taking the LCD panel with them, not sure if t= his was
specific to a certain model, but the lesson is...change the bulb after
three or four years regardless as, if the LCD takes a hit it's basically goosed!

K.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""