Re: BB exchange triggers?

> > But I suppose if you don't register a node then you'll never have= a
chance
> > to connect to anyone else.
>
> That's the problem.  I know of at least 10 interested people who'= ve not
> shown their interest by adding a node on the database.  Other peo= ple turn
> away because there's nobody nearby to peer wih :-/

I live in a country village in Northern Ireland, My local exchange is
currently running at 18% registrations for DSL trigger :( so no chance for<= BR> me, unless BT decide to install those 16 port DSLAM devices). But the
development I live in has around 40 houses, there *might* be 10 people in there considering a broadband connection. The difficulty will be the cost o= f
a BB connection to the Net, unless an ISP would allow the cisco DSL thingy<= BR> over a 64K LL.

> > Now me on the other hand, that *might* be a possible solution for= me.
> >
> > Just how dear is a leased line these days, /me wonders would my l= ocal
ISP
> > allow me to use 64k eps9 circuit and run one of those Cisco DSL t= hingy's
> > over it to get 2Mb..... hmmmmm.
>
> If you're lucky enough to be in an area where Easynet have their own D= SL,
> you can get 512kbps for =A380, 1Mbps for =A3100, or 2Mbps for =A3120/m= onth.  I
> looked into leased line pricing.  512kbps is about =A310k/year, 1= 024kbps
> =A315k/year, 2048kbps =A320k/year.  Split a 2MB pipe between 100 = people, and
> you've got 2MB Internet for =A3200/year each.  Not too shabby, eh= ?

hmmm 512K @ 10K per year is =A31000 quid each in a 10 user node, not gonna<= BR> happen :(

Which ever way i look at it, Im Not getting BB or even just a low bandwidth=
affordable 24/7 connection any time soon :(

Although Im more likely to get it than Mark ;o)

Darren

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""