RE: OT road tax and clamping

> As long as the car doesn't go on public highways then they can't do you for not having a tax disc.

Alas... not true any more.

If you have a car that you do NOT intend to take onto the public highway, then YOU have a legal obligation to fill in a "SORN" (Statuatory Off Road Notification).

Possesion of a car requires EITHER a road fund licence (tax disk), or a SORN.

Like many things that have changed (think tax-returns) in the last ten years, once again it is now the responsibility of the individual to fill in the forms, rather than letting the "default" position be "innocence".

This has been gone into at length on the classic car groups over the last couple of years - as you might imagine, classic car enthusiasts (such as I) have a far higher proportion of non-roadworthy vehicles, and have been hit by this requirement.

I'm not trying to defend the law, just clarify it.

Mark

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor