RE: Do you really need a projector screen? - NO - Paint code

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Do you really need a projector screen? - NO - Paint code
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:18:13 +0100

We have a painted section on the wall, and have no complaints whatsoever.
On Phil's advice (I think) we edged out the "screen" with black: which
improves to contrast and vibrancy of the colour enormously.

we used Dulux Vinyl Matt brilliant white.

Our projector is an Epson EMP 51, so it's quite bright (1100 lumens) We got
it the last time PC World reduced them (although the price has fallen even
further still) and I can't speak highly enough about it.

We drive it from a PC, a DVD player and the Sky Digibox, and the video
scaling is flawless. The panel is an 800x600, but the scaling is so good, it
looks as sharp as many of the native 1024x768 projectors I have seen.

The best endorsement I can give for just painting your wall is this:

Even though it would be fairly easy to try the particular shade of grey
Gareth mentions, I won't bother, as I am so happy with the wall/screen as it
is. It's significantly better than any of the local multiplexes already ;)

Ian.