Polaron (was Projecting Clock)

I was going to send this direct to Ben, but I thought it was relevant to
all. This should give you all an idea how much it costs when someone
else does all the hard work - and if I had gone for Lutron for lighting
and Silent Gliss for curtains the price would have roughly tripled!

I'm getting a price for the clock from Polaron (but it won't be cheap!)

Tim

You can order the lighting control plates without IR windows...

I'm actually programming the lighting system for my house at the moment.
I've got 24 channels of lighting controlled by 10 control plates each
with 10 buttons on them. Each control plate also responds up to 32
(regardless of the number of physical buttons) different IR commands (as
if the button was pressed locally). The software isn't really designed
for the consumer as Polaron is sold direct to the commercial (hotel)
market and through CEDIA installers (much like Lutron)to the domestic
market. I basically told them not to bother with the programming, as the
first thing I'd end up doing would be to change it all!

If all you want to do is simple programming it can all be handled
through a remote IR handset!

Not cheap though 8x5A dimmer packs are 825 quid, and 10 button control
plates are 185 (all the standard control plates are 10 buttons and you
remove unused buttons once the final programming is finished). In total
I'm having:

2 x 8 Channel incandescent
1 x 4+4 Channel (4 channels for dimming fluorescents as you have to
install those due to new building regs)
10 x 10 button control plates
1 x RS232 interface for PC control
1 x RS232 interface to talk to intelligent blind controller (32
commands)
1 x 24 input 8 output contact closure device (to interface to alarm
system).

5837 + VAT for installation of all control hardware and low voltage
wiring, but none of the mains voltage wiring or light fittings.

4 mains voltage curtain tracks plus two electrically operated Venetian
blinds plus intelligent blind controller and associated relays come in
at an additional 2789 + VAT (from Farnborough Blinds)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor