RE: [OT] On the subject of crap customer service...

I just thought I would summarise my recent B&Q experience....

I ordered some 3meter coving last Wednesday night to finish my bathroom off
and was expecting delivery on the Friday, got the confirmation email at
around 22.50 on the Wednesday evening.

16.30 came on the Friday and I phoned.....
"Oh sorry someone should have phoned you" they said,
"Yes!" I said "When can I expect delivery?"
"Well we're out of stock of those and we haven't got any on order"
"But I ordered on your website" I remarked, "which said they were in stock"
The woman continued "It can take up to 45 minutes to process the order
online, someone probably phoned an order in 'cause that's quicker"
This I was a little miffed about.. "So I order from the website, you send an
email to confirm the order saying it will be delivered next working day, but
some one jumps ahead of me on the phone while my order is being 'processed'?
Aren't your systems linked in someway to check stock? Doesn't the stock
ordered on the web not even get earmarked while payment is being sort? Even
if that's not the case SURELY when an order can't be fulfilled by the
warehouse you would place an order with the supplier or even just phone the
customer to let him no there's a delay?

She said "sorry I don't do anything with the warehouses!"....

There were no supervisors present they were "off sick for a couple of weeks"
but I could speak to someone the next day.....

I cancelled the order just to spite someone....(myself as it turns out
anyone know where I can get plain 3meter plaster coving... :(  )

Grrrr

Neil