Re: 3 phase supply

He mentioned that it already had 3 phase however, so it may be simple
enough to just put 2 sub-panels in one off each phase, then its only a
problem if you want to X-10 things.

We may still end up getting 3 phase here, as the cost of 2 additional
phase wires to the house (Maybe just get 2 phases) is less then
replacing the existing 60 amp feed with a 100 amp. I was advised by the
sparky here that it would involve changing the panel over and the
breakers because with 415v available they need ones with a higher
interupting capability.

The other option we have is a completly seperate meter and outside box
that just runs a few things (Spa+pool, water heater, and garage and
shed), and leave all the lights/power as they are. That would mean the
indoor panel could be left as it is so long as the others were installed
to some criteria that I didnt catch at the time.

At least with heading to summer the heating loads are down so I dont
have to watch what we run here to avoid an annoying trip of the breaker.