RE: Multi-Room Video Problem

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Multi-Room Video Problem
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:20:57 -0000

There have been a few instances when source equipment has been unstable when
used with KAT5.

Video signals have to be terminated into a 75 ohm resistor. In KAT5 this is
after a capacitor making it AC coupled. A limited number of devices dont
like the fact that there is no DC termination and become unstable. Moving
the reistor to before the capacitor cures this problem.

This is easily cured by a simple modification. The modification is to remove
a couple of resistors from the PCB and fit replacements on the rear of the
SCART socket.

The Mk2 units will not suffer from that potential problem when they are
launched.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv