Re: DVD drive

J Starkie wrote:

> What are you using to import your video's to the PC?
>
> I have tried a product called instant DVD to covert composite video to
> mpeg 2 and was so impressed I sent it back !
>
> Is the best bet buy a Digital camcorder with video input and fire-wire
> output
>
> Then capture you old vids from the new digital camera and burn the dvd ?
>
> Has anyone done this with good results ?

I've got an ATI Radeon 8500DV which has firewire, composite, svideo and
rf inputs (but the svideo only works in b&w... no matter how much I
change settings about.... :S )

I had some major problems with some tapes.... stuff that was recorded
off the TV, can copy fine VCR->VCR but was showing Macrovision style
brightening and darkening on the input.... had to buy a Macrovision
removed type blackbox to sort it out.... I *think* the card was
confusing the fuzzyness of the VHS with a Macrovision signal...
purchased tapes work fine, just some of my others.... !

Not been giving it that much attention, but now that I've actually got
my Sony multi format DVD burner, I suppose I will get the motivation I
need... :)

Was Instant DVD a hardware or software product....? What do you have for
video in?

--
Doogie