Re: Advice needed on CCTV

I'm very impressed with your software, especially as it is linux-based
and uses a browser frontend. But:

1. What sort of processing power do you need per camera for USB cameras
and BTTV-connected cameras (presumably less for the latter)?

2. If you are using BTTV-connected cameras, how do you connect more than
a couple? Don't you quickly run into clashes and run out of slots and
IRQs for cards?

3. If you are using USB cameras, how do you get round the cable-length
limitations? You don't really want to be limited to putting your
security cameras within 5 metres of the computer.

I had originally planned to do something like this for my barn
conversion, but have resigned myself to the more expensive option of
using network cameras. If you have figured out how to do this without a
battery of linux computers, you could save me a lot of money.

Cheers,

Bruno