Re: Kenwood J6050 Discontinued?

Graham Howe wrote:

> Just got an email from Techtronics who said that the Kenwood J6050
> (400+3 disc DVD player) has been discontinued and so they will get no
> more stock in. This really screws up my node zero plans. Does anyone
> know of a DVD player capable of holding at least 300 discs that is
> current?

I normally look at Crutchfield's catalogue for indications of stuff like
this....

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-BXwWAJ8q42x/ProdGroup.asp?c=6&s=0&g=54500

They're showing

Kenwood Sovereign DV-5050M  400 Disc Progressive Scan DVD Video  $799.99
Kenwood Sovereign DV-5900M  400 Disc Progressive DVD Video/Audio $1,199.99
Sony DVP-CX875P  Mega Storage DVD Player $499.99

Not 100% sure about how the model numbers translate.... and these are US
R1 players, non modded and wont have scart sockets, etc etc. I've got
the Sony DVP-CX860 but a UK sourced multi region model from over a year
ago (Link Online who's site now goes to www.multiregionmagic.co.uk ....
!) and they don't list any changers at all now. Don't know if the 875 is
a refresh of the 860 (the 875 is still a 300) or if its just the direct
US equivallent of my player.... get a feeling it might be a refresh,
which means there might be hope yet......!

Possibly an idea to drop an email to Kenwood and Sony customer
services.... but Sony CS didn't get me very far trying to get a
replacement battery for my digicam.... :(

--
Doogie