RE: [OT] ms backup tape problem

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] ms backup tape problem
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:35:53 -0000

> Same service pack level as when the backup was done?

Yes
> ]
> Does the tape device show up under "Removable Media" in
> computer management?

I did not think of that... Yes its there should I try to monut it

> I am grasping at straws, but it sounds like you are too...

Yes I am, sql backup reads the tape and reports the session it wont read
the data because its not a sql backup, I am now getting a bit more happy
that the data is there.

There is one other thing I did.... I temporaly installd arcserve to copy
a arcserve tape before it put it into the server, I then un-installed
arcserve, I wonder if that has screwed it up

John

> Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
> David Clark Company Inc.

List of UKHA Groups here -