RE: Russound Multiroom

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Russound Multiroom
  • From: "Nick Tyson - The Edge" <nick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:00:56 -0000

We've used their ABUS gear which houses the amplification in the keypads
and
therefore only requires CAT5 from the source unit to keypads and then
speaker cables from there. Whilst a little limited in particularly large
rooms, or where very high volume levels are required, these are a very
economical multi-room, multi-source system. So far they've been very
reliable.

We haven't tried the units you mention, which take the more conventional
route of housing the amplification as well as control and processing in a
central unit and run speaker cables to each room (like Systemline, Living
Control, etc). They seem to be pretty economical by comparison although
we're also currently looking at the Elan range which appears to offer
something at a similar price but maybe with greater functionality ie 6
source, 6 zone for a similar price to the Russound 4 source unit.

Nick Tyson
The Edge
Tel 01473 288211
Fax 01473 288255