RE: limescale

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: limescale
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:43:59 -0000

I have one for almost a year: http://www.scalewatcher.com/.
I am happy with it, it removed the scale from the system. When plumber moved
my radiator recently, he said that that there was no trace of scale in
pipes. I installed it before I replaced all the taps in a flat, so they are
still like a new. When I moved in a flat, they were all partially blocked,
but now they are like new, no cleaning of mesh was needed since they were
installed. And no "clouds" on taps.
But, they are not water softeners, so they don't remove scale from the
water, they just prevent it building on the pipes. So, it will not work on a
kettle. Also, if you have dry skin, it will not help you a lot (still helps
to some, though), but you'll need water softener.

Cheers,
Nik