RE: Audiotron vs Rio Receiver - Round 2 - Remote (web) control

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Audiotron vs Rio Receiver - Round 2 - Remote (web) control
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 07:42:06 +0100

Tony,

Can you tell me more about the remote control aspects of the Tron, by
that I mean the web interface, to me that would be the bigest selling
point, with DDAR this is not yet fully sorted (with Mark H's help and
others) JR is improving the situation. However for people who just want
perhaps 1 unit the tron might actualy be cheaper...... Before I get
shot.... Some people on the list (like me) have a home/office server I
am not realy very happy having too much stuff running on it as its
important for my work. It runs now:-

W2k server
Atomic Clock
SQL 8
WebCam
Weather Station
Mail Server
Fax Server
Anti Virus server
Soon Arcserve
Soon Exchange Server
Soon Sharepoint
Soon Mobile services
Web server
And DDAR server
HomeVision
.
.
.

You get the idea, I am not happy putting a "in Work" software app on the
system like RJ, so that's going on a L* box soon with HomeVision and
perhaps misterhouse. Now if I did not have the second box and I was
thinking of getting a MP3 System the Tron looks a lot cheaper, if its
just working on a network share I don't need a second box.

John

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor