RE: Audiotron vs Rio Receiver - Round 2

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Audiotron vs Rio Receiver - Round 2
  • From: "Tony Butler" <tony@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 23:38:28 +0100

I don't know to be honest - my files are WMA's (shock! Horror! Gasp!).
You would be better off joining the AT support mailing list and asking
there.
However, I would say that there is a documented API (http get's IIRC) so you can write your own apps to parse the MP3's if you wish.  Plus, a number of ppl have already written TOC generators etc that may do what
you ask.
ATM, I only choose albums or artists to play, but it does support by
album/artist/genre/playlist u create etc.

> Mark (tempted - may join the bulk buy yet) Harrison

Mark, given the uncertainties surrounding your work situation, sprog
arrival etc, I'd advise waiting if money is a bit of an issue.
Turtlebeach will soon have a distributor in Europe, if not the UK.
Although unlikely, it is _possible_ that they will sell for less than
the usual $$=3D=A3=A3 terms normally used.
Also, with 6 DDARs/Rios, I expect an AudioTron would be a replacement
rather than an addition to an essential location, so perhaps no real
hurry?

IIRC, you're Gatwick way or similar?  If you want I can pop down when = I
get my 2nd tron from the bulk buy and you can borrow it for a while to
see if it would be worth the asking price.

I know _I've_ done a comparison between the tron and the Rio, but bear
in mind:
a) I bought the tron first, so was impressed by it from the start
b) I don't need to go to 6 zones (have Linn knekt wired to 3 zones for
now) so the cost per unit is less of an issue
c) I've only unpacked the Rio from the box, plugged it in, and done the
test - I've not played around with it's settings, JReceiver or any other software that might be out there.  Hell, I've not even checked for a firmware upgrade!!!

Maybe it would be worth a Rio fan doing a comparison.

OTOH, I don't want to entice you into spending money you don't have!!!!

Tony

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
= =3D""
3D""