Re: Tivo vs ShowShifter - more fuel for the fire

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Tivo vs ShowShifter - more fuel for the fire
  • From: "PatrickLidstone" <patrickl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 09:08:51 -0000

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/25436.html.

> Thin end of the wedge IMO.

This really isn't a big deal IMO & has been poorly
reported/sensationalised in this piece. The sampler episode described
appears as an extra entry on the main menu. I was a bit taken aback
when I first saw it, but then realised that it might actually be a
good thing. My TIVO viewing habits are such that I now *never* sit
down to "watch TV", only to watch something that has recorded. That
inevitably means that I rely on word-of-mouth to hear about new
programmes that might interest me rather than happening to stumble
across them. If TIVO push the *occasional* promo programme at me,
it's not intrusive, and I can decide within the first few minutes of
viewing whether or not its worth watching - really no harm done.

Patrick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor