From: "haweste" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 12:48 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: CT100 satellite cable

Lee,

I was going to respond earlier but have only just connected it. I've
used about 200m of this in my house. The foil shield is aluminium
instead of the more usual copper. My roll of "proper" CT100 from<= BR> *aplins ran out and needed some more quickly.

My original set-up consisted of a length of *aplin CT100 from the
minidish, down the side of the house and through the wall, straight
into the digibox. Total length approx 7m, 'F' plugs at each end and
no joins. This run was about as good as it could get.

The new setup consists of:
20m of *aplin CT100 from minidish to node zero, 'F' plugs and
a 'F'plug inline connector, 10m of B&Q DCT100 from node zero to
digibox, another in-line 'F' connector and a short flylead to the
decoder.

Checking signal strength & quality via the digibox I could see _NO_
difference between the 2 setups on broadly the same atmospheric
conditions (I would've expected some degradation just because of the
joins alone). In the recent heavy rain / thunderstorms the signal
quality has deteriorated and picture has jumped etc. but I'm pretty
sure that would've happened whatever cable I'd used.

For =A318 or =A319 per 100m it's a bargain. My original *aplin CT100 was over =A340 per 100m.

HTH,

Tim H.

--- In ukha_d@y..., lee.taylor@a... wrote:

> A friend of mine at work mentioned that B&Q warehouse (Leicester)<= BR> was
> selling 100m rolls of CT100 for =A319.?? (can't remember exactly). I thought
> this was a pretty good deal, so went down there on Saturday. Sure
enough,
> sealed rolls with a sticker on them saying 'DCT100' and a matching
price
> tag on the shelf.
>
> Looking closely at the end of the cable, the foil under the copper
braid
> was silver. Now, I thought that CT100 was supposed to be copper
foil under
> copper braid (something to do with preventing long term corrosion). Can
> someone put me right on this please?
>
> And anyway, what is 'DCT100'?   Is it B&Q's code for 'Di= gital CT100'
> perhaps?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Lee

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk