Re: Cable for cams and pirs

I would highly recommend using cat5... the runs are versatile and I am
getting excellent B&W pics....Colour pics are also good even on the longer
runs.... it is possible to use only 4 cables for cctv, but I tend to use the
notation below throughout:

1 White/Orange   Video
2 Orange   Video ground
3 White/Green   Left Speaker +ve (mono)
4 Blue   Right Speaker ground
5 White/Blue   Right Speaker +ve
6 Green   Left Speaker ground
7 White/Brown   12v +ve switching (or power)
8 Brown   12v common ground

This works well for dvd ,cctv,itv digital (sky from Tuesday), signal is
composite....OK so maybe not the best, but as good as most videos....(IMO).
One day I will get KAT 5 for dvd, but swmbo is holding the reins
tight................round my neck!

Forgot to mention...all cctv I use are composite....I have 4 on switcher
then modulator then booster, which goes to 4 tv's /pc....the composite
signal is far superior.

hth

campbell