RE: [OT] Outlook Collecting Messages when not running. How ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Outlook Collecting Messages when not running. How ?
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:41:16 +0100

    I think that may be an option that came in with a later or different version of Outlook. My menu structure is slightly different to this. However there is an option under 'Mail Delivery' to automatically check for new messages every xx mins which I have always had set to true but it only runs when Outlook itself is running. I wonder if perhaps one of Microsoft's recent 'critical' updates has added this background 'feature'.

    I am going to monitor the active synch suggestion and see if this was it - although no synch was ever 'starting' in fact I don't think the action of putting the iPaq in the cradle actually did anything - but the symptoms match exactly the possibility.

    Kevin

PS Sorry Daniel - transposed your name in a previous post.