Re: ShowShifter vs. TiVo

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: ShowShifter vs. TiVo
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 13:47:15 -0000

Nik,

I'm using WinTV PVR and a Matrox G450 Dual head - output to the TV
via the dual head from SS is poo - from most other mpg sources it's
fine (as with DVD) ... I absolutely HATE the fact that you have to
mute the incomming sound to play something back... it's pointless and
could quite easily have been sorted out in the SS software... I
haven't looked at SS for a while but I don't think that a great deal
has changed...

How much is a digiguide subscription?

Ultimately my goal would be to have nothing in the rooms in the house
except for speakers and TVs - and have a central AV room which
contained all the music servers, VCRs, TIVOs, CD /Tape decks, DVD
Changers and individual amps etc (node 0 :O) ) all controlled via IR
in each room and available to be controlled via a PC
<PLUG>HomeAutomator</PLUG>, rack mounted of course :D If I can do
that (and move all the kit out of the living room then I could
possible pursuade SWMBO to let me have a humongous TV

Andy

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@k...> wrote:
> Andy,
> I suppose that picture quality depends on your video card as well,
so maybe
> it's not only software to blame.
> I have TV tuner card Hauppauge WinTV go and allegedly Hauppauge is
one of
> the best brands in that, but I'm not happy with the picture quality
on PC.
> Therefore, I don't even try to pass such image to TV. Once I get
that fixed
> the way I like, I'll try watching it back on TV.
> Nik

Holland
>   on the bottom? Would be a Pronto all over again!
>
>   Andy
>

>   For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Service.