Re: Remote IR

Brian,

Yes you assume right, I have the twin emitter attached to the IR
window of both the Sky box and the Tivo. The powermid receiver has a
3.5mm socket which accepts the 3.5mm plug on the Xantech 286M. The
receiver does transmit IR without the emitters but using the
emitters allowed me to focus the IR and allow me to place the
receiver anywhere I liked rather than in front of the units being
controlled.
Mike also has info here http://www.letsautomate.com/10404.cfm?
CFID=40332&CFTOKEN=91432274

Yes, there are a couple of those KAT5 things in the photo as well

Regards,
Darren

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Brian Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@n...> wrote:
> Thanks Daren, good picture.
>
> What is a "Xantech 286M Twin Infra-Red Blink Emitter"?
>
> I assume these are things that you can attach to the (Sky/NTL etc)
IR
> window? in which case how do they link to the PMXL?
>
> Would I be right in thinking that the receiver (PMXL) when it
transmits
> the IR it "spreads it about a bit"? or is this why you used the
286M
> things.
>
> Sorry for the questions but as I said things are getting closer to
the
> big migration from my living room(!) to the loft.
>
> I will also be ordering one of those KAT5 things I once heard
something

> Thanks,

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor