RE: Wireless multicam surveillance for PC

Anthony Livingstone [mailto:anto@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> Thanks for all the info - for some reason I figured I would need
> a faster fps.

Yep I've though the same way.  I tend to save a bit longer to get the
reall=
good stuff, which buy the time I have it has go cheaper any way.  I think
I'll be going for an 8 Input GV-800.  I probably will only need 4 inputs
bu=
you never now.  But if Kevins right in saying you get a better frame rate
with less Cameras then I should be able to achieve 25fps per camera.

> I first found the GV-600 on Henry's site but after a bit of
> digging I got to the manufacturers site and from there onto
> the European distributor's site at :
> http://www.sicherheitsteam.de/shop/endkunde_int/docs/start.htm

> Here they list prices for all variants of all the boards
> available 150, 200, 600, 650, 750, 800 plus other bits and
> pieces (s/w, cameras, etc.).
> The 750 offers 75 fps, isn't much more than the 650 and is
> about =A3100 cheaper than the 800.
> GV-800     4        =80835        =A3528       =A3599
> GV-800     8        =801040      =A3657       =A3799
> Delivery to UK is =8030 - =A319 via UPS.

The 750 model does look like a good compromise.  I pressume us brits would
have to add VAT onto that. =A3657 + =A319 * 1.175 =3D =A3795, which seems
a=
fter tax
to be the same price as Henrys before tax prices.  So a pretty good deal
really.

> I think it's pathetic that you can't upgrade to more inputs
> at a later stage, perhaps it's something to do with the
> design of each card although it only looks as if you need to
> plug in another rail with more inputs on it.

Well there's bound to be a good reason, though maybe it is just that they
want you to may more upfront.  You could risk a cheaper model and expand
it=
,
but I pressume they've added dongle copy protection to stop that.

> I've been looking at Xcam2 and Trust wireless cameras in the
> 2.4Ghz range but at about =A3100 a pop for a transmitter and
> receiver it's a bit much.  I'll have another look at maybe
> running a couple of cables and only needing 1 or two
> wireless cams.

I tend not to trust this wireless stuff to much.  For me running cables has
become a bit of an Art, I like a challenge.  Plus with the Wireless you
normally still need to run power to them which does seem to defeat the
poin=
of it being Wire-Less to me.  For portable stuff with bateries it is pretty
good though.

I've think I like the Bullet Camera Colour Waterproof Model 21CW for =A388
=
at
http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/bullet_camera_colour.htm.
 These apperantly
change to black and white operation in the dark, and I think don't resort
t=
white LEDs to brighten the area up.

Anway keep us informed on what you all get in the end.  This project
probably won't get going for me until next year.

Rob

--
______   __   _   ______   ______
/ ___   / /  /  / __    / _____ HOME: chas@xxxxxxx
/ /  /_/ / /__/ / / /__/ / / /__    http://www.kaosuk.co.uk/
/ /  __  / ___  / / ___  /  \__  \            ----         =
=20
/ /__/ / / /  / / / /  / / _____/ / Rob Chasmer, MMT Computing
______/ _/  /_/ _/  /_/ ______/ robert.chasmer@xxxxxxx=20
=20
If you have received this email in error please let us know by e-mail reply
and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose
its contents to anyone.  Please note that any views or opinions presented
i=
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of MMT Computing plc.  Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  MMT Computing plc accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.=
=20