19" Rack Advice

I'm hoping y'all can offer some suggestions as to a spec for a 19" rack.

Having run most of my structured wiring, I need to start organising Node
zero and relocating some of my equipment there. 19" racks seem a popular
choice, but what should I get ?

Node zero is the cupboard under the stairs - I can just about stand upright
at it's highest point (that makes it about 2m high) so a full height rack
won't fit :-(
I've seen full height, "half-height" and various x-U height units, but can
seem to find a definition of a "U". How high is 1U ? If 42U is full height,
I guess a 20U-odd unit would be suitable. I can then stand a printer /
monitor on top instead of inside.

Also, how deep should it be ? Here's what I intend to put in there:
* Patch panel(s)             [not very deep]
* Network hub                    [ditto]
* Various audio separates       [I can measure the depth]
* Sky digibox                  [ditto, but less than above]
* Video recorder <cough>      [as per separates]
* Future WHA amplifier            [ ?, same as separates ?]
* PC box                  [I can measure the depth]

Is there anything else I've forgotten, and how big is it ? KAT5 switcher ?
<big grin>

I guess I should also allow another 100mm or so behind all the equipment to
be able to connect the cables without straining them etc.

Apart from removable side / rear panels and a door, is there anything else I
should be looking for ?

Thanks,

Tim H.

+