RE: Re: OT: Nominet (.uk) to force the publication of net users home addresses

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: OT: Nominet (.uk) to force the publication of net users home addresses
  • From: "Nick Broughton" <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:59:35 +0100

Fraid not.

I currently work for a Financial Leasing company who deal with Partnerships
and Sole Traders as well as the conventional plc's.  We are going to loose
the facility to check on individuals via the electoral register.  The chap
who kicked it all off claimed breach of the data protection act, because
he'd never agreed when he registered to vote that his details could be used
for credit checking.  The workaround is that the credit agencies are
grouping together and sharing information on individuals after they've
agreed that their data can be used for credit checking, and of course, no
loan until you sign the form.

Thought you might be interested.

Nick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor