From: i.bird@xxxxxxx <Ian@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: 22 May 2002 11:34
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Captuing serial data

> This is the beast you want:
>
> http://www.hhdsoftware.com/sermon.html
>
> I used it until it timed out and it was great. Registration is PC specific
and not cheap so I didn't!! Uninstall it when it dies - no problems. Should
do what you want though

> Ian B
>
> p.s. original link from James Hoye

to control it remotely with HV - ie. mimicking pressing buttons on the front
panel.  But the multiplexer doesn't respond to ASCII so I got the PC control
software from the manufacturer.  Can I 'capture' the data sent to the serial
port with the PC software, save it, and somehow get HV to use it - either
directly from HV or via some other software that HV can 'instruct'?

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor