Re: Re: Meteor Software

On 22 May 02, at 14:00, Justin Earl wrote:

> I am using the OCX from Pathway also. I have been in touch with Adrian
> there and he said he would be prepared to cut a deal to ukha members
> who need the OCX. I think that is jolly decent of him, but I don't how
> people would feel about parting with more cash for CID stuff (the
> Meteor is expensive enough!)

Oooh, I'd be interested in know more about that. I think there were
a couple of prices, one to use it personally and another that
allowed unlimited distribution with support.

*IF* I ever finish this s/w according to my spec. I'd hope that others
might find it or some of its assemblies useful, so I need to be able
to distribute all components of the s/w including any 3rd party stuff
I ended up using.

> If you can work out how to communicate directly with the Meteor will
> you share :-)

Yes, certainly, depending on how I get on. I'm probably tackling too
many things all at once at the moment so I might use the Pathway
OCX whilst having a bash at my own control.

There's nothing imminent though, it's just a fun project at home.

Stuart

> On Wed, 22 May 2002, Stuart Booth wrote:
>
> > On 22 May 02, at 13:01, peter.white@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > > How's it coming along Stuart?  You have an eager list of beta
> > > testers! (well, at least 2 of us ;-) )
> >
> > Miles away yet. Just started fiddling around with various
> > possibilities in the last few days really.
> >
> > At the moment I'm looking at other options than the Pathway
> > ActiveCID control, since without paying a stack of cash for it I
> > can't distribute it, and the trial version has an about box that
> > pops up a lot. So I thought I'd have a quick go at writing my own
> > first of all.
> >
> > Stuart

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor