-----Original Message-----
From: andy_powell_is

What about a door contact closure stuck on the door, (normally Open) -
you know the kind of thing, those magnetic ones used on alarm
systems, this could be wired back to Homevision (if you have one)
whcih could handle the logic..

Crappy drawing below (side view of freezer door)

    YYYYY XXXXX      YYYYY =  NC/NO contact (to Homevision)
    ----+ +----+     XXXXX =  'other bit' stuck on the door
      F D
      R O
      E O