Finally whipping SWMBO into HA compliance...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Finally whipping SWMBO into HA compliance...
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:46:52 +0100

How's this for progress...

This weekend, I decided to complete the pulling of some CAT5 cables from my
loft to my cellar. The route this takes is out through a hole in the gable
end, down the side of the house, and in through another hole at the bottom.
This is all inside 40mm plastic pipe. I had SWMBO in the loft feeding the
CAT5 cables through, whilst I was on the outside 30-feet up pulling from
the
other side. (that's the easy part!)

The trickier bit was getting back in to the house at the bottom... on the
inside, the cellar only extends across half the width of the house, to get
right over to the cable-entry point required crawling through an 18-inch
high crawlspace under the living room floor, through 90 years worth of dust
and soot, and guess who did that bit... :-)  -  SWMBO!

Plus, I got to buy a new drill into the bargain :-) - an el-cheapo SDS
jobbie from Argos, - £70, and has SDS-plus chuck, roto-stop, and a
selection
of chisel bits included. (Dare I say "bargain"?) - dunno how long
it'll last
at that price, but did fine for making the bottom hole into the cellar...

So now I have a backbone of 12 CAT5E cables from the loft to the cellar,
just waiting to be punched down....

Progress indeed!

Paul G.