RE: Web-surfing in the bath...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Web-surfing in the bath...
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 18:58:14 +0100

> As some of you may be aware, certain members of UKHA have
> been known to use their computers in the bath to surf/IRC.

Erm ... I think that would be me...

> Now, we are considering a loft conversion (running out of
> space at Harrison), and, if we decide to go ahead, the plan
> is to make the loft space a master bedroom suite with a big bathroom.

I've been in your loft ... There's not *THAT* much room unless you're
into limbo dancing!

> What should I be building in to facilitate using the PC in
> the bath? Should I be having a wall-mounted screen, and an IR
> keyboard on a swingout shelf, with the PC itself elsewhere in
> a "dry" room? Should I have a "laptop shelf", with the PSU
> mounted in another room, so only 12v runs into the bathroom?
> Is this basically a stupid idea?

Go for RF rather than IR simply as I find the IR keyboards and mice are
not half as pleasant to use.

*MYSELF* I would like to stick a 17" LCD monitor behind a perspex panel
mounted in the wall with the monitor behind and then stick in the
ceiling a couple of in-car speakers (use anything without a pulp or
paper cone and you'll be OK with moisture) and just do that.

In reality I take the laptop in there and stick it on a little "bridge"
I knocked up to go over the bath!

> If I have a wall-fitted screen, it would be nice to have it
> so it can play movies as well :-)

Not a problem there..

> What do people think?

Well they think I'm sad, mad and dangerous to know...

Not sure what they think about you.

Phil

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor