RE: Spare server...

Win 2K *Professional* supports 2 processors
Win 2K *server* supports 4 processors (Max 4GB RAM)
Win 2K *Advanced Server* supports 8 processors (Max 8GB RAM)
Win 2K *Datacenter Server* supports 32 processors (Max 32GB RAM)

... I have copies of *all* of them here.... ;-)

If the application you are using is multi-threaded, then likely it will take
advantage of multiple processors to distribute the threads. If it is a
single-threaded app, then it will only ever use 1 processor, but will still
benefit from multi-processor use, as the OS itself is multi-threaded and
therefore won't all be running on the same CPU as you application. Indeed,
if you really want to get down & dirty, you can change the "processor
affinity" of any process running under win2K such that you can actually
partition a processor off solely for use by a sinle app if you want to...

Paul G.