Re: Bulk Buy of tivo bits was TurboNet Install

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Bulk Buy of tivo bits was TurboNet Install
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul_watkin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:21:47 -0000

before the downturn in the tech sector I used to travel to the
states  1 or 2 times a month on business and used to do a lot of
shopping while i was there!!!

The proper allowance for bringing stuff back is i believe =A3165 per
person (not sure whether rug rats gets the same allowance?) and AFAIK
you can pool allowances accross a family if you are buying an
expensive item (how I had planned to get my Audiotron back from the
states legitemately without paying duty).

In all the trips I have done I have bever been stopped by customs and
except being asked where I am travelling from, Customs at heathrow
pay a lot more attention to flights from the east than they do west.

One piece of advice is make sure everything you bring back fits in
your original luggage you took with you, several brand new suitcases
or boxes under your arm (as I have done on one ocassion) as you walk
through customs tend to get you noticed.

Cheers

Paul

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@e...> wr= ote:
> Ben,
>
> I'm not condoning that you do this, but I understand these are
techniques used:

> - If you buy any clothes out there, wear them while you're still
out there, and carry them back in your dirty laundry.

> - Take wrappers off all CDs and DVDs, swap them about between
boxes... Take some empty, battered, jewel cases, and have person A
bring back the CDs in them. Bring back the sleeve inserts in person
B's luggage. (Person B is clearly doing research on how these
products are marketed in the States vs. the UK.) It is better if
persons A and B walk through customs separately.

> Regards,
>
> Mark

Enter
> Harrison bargaining skills ;)
>
> James H
>

> For more information: http:= //www.automatedhome.co.uk
> Post message: ukha_d@y...
> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...

> http://docs.yahoo.com/in= fo/terms/

__
> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs
SkyScan
> service. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service
working
> around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com

> http://docs.yahoo.com/in= fo/terms/
>

> For more information: http:= //www.automatedhome.co.uk
> Post message: ukha_d@y...
> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...

> http://docs.yahoo.com/in= fo/terms/

__
> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs
SkyScan
> service. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service
working
> around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com

> http://docs.yahoo.com/in= fo/terms/
>

> For more information: http:= //www.automatedhome.co.uk
> Post message: ukha_d@y...
> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...

> http://docs.yahoo.com/in= fo/terms/

__
> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs
SkyScan
> service. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service
working
> around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com

> http://docs.yahoo.com/in= fo/terms/
>

> For more information: http:= //www.automatedhome.co.uk
> Post message: ukha_d@y...
> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/te= rms/

__
> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs
SkyScan
> service. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service
working
> around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com

__

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or