DD/DTS Tracks from DVD (was RE: Spare server...)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: DD/DTS Tracks from DVD (was RE: Spare server...)
  • From: "Doug Woolridge" <doug_woolridge@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:58:59 -0500

>>   Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:19:30 +0100
>>   From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
>>Subject: RE: Spare server...
>>
>>Is it possible to preserve the entire soundtrack "as is" with those?
>>
>>I'd like to be able to playback the Dolby Digital / DTS soundtracks
properly...

It is possible for DD.  I don't think it's possible (yet) for DTS.  You do need
an audio card with digital out hooked up to a DD decoder (i.e. your receiver) to
get true DD sound.

The setup that works best for me is:
1)  Rip and encode with FairUse--demuxing the the AC3 (Dolby Digital)
soundtrack.
  FairUse can be found at:
  www.doom9.net-->download-->DivX/MPEG-4 Encoders-->FairUse 0.30

2)  Use the Nandub to mux the audio with the video.  Your audio card needs to be
able to output SPDIF to your DD decoder.
  See the guide at:
  www.doom9.net-->TheGuides-->Audio Related-->AVI/AC3 Guide "How to create a
DivX movie with AC3 sound"
The audio filters and procedure necessary for playback are available there as
well.

Most movies with full DD soundtracks should be split between two CD's for
acceptable quality.

Good Luck!

Doug

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor