RE: Garden automation

At 10:17 17/05/2002 +0100, James Hoye wrote:
>Try www.ukha-archive.com - much better.

Good point, forgot about that.

>How far is the pond/summerhouse from the consumer unit?  This will dictate
>the size of cable that you will need to lay.  Typically 2.5 sqmm will be OK
>on a radial spur.  This should be protected by a 16A MCB and should have RCD
>protection.  If you whole house is RCD protected then you can just use a 16A
>MCB - but be aware that a fault on the garden circuit will plunge your whole
>house into darkness.

I have a split unit so would add a RCBO unit as you suggest. Pond is 5m
away and then summerhouse is 15m further. (Garden is 20m long)

>Of course, the information I've given here is to the best of my knowledge.
>Before using it, please check with the current IEE regulations to ensure
>that what you are doing is correct and safe.

Understood, I will be using an electrician to do the work, but I wanted
more info before starting project.
The pond will have 3 pumps and 3 lights, I am investigating having an
interactive pump setup. So when you walk across a bridge, you trip the
infra-red and get soaked!!
There is a company near work that do interactive water systems, but they do
it on a much larger scale, but hopefully I can obtain some information +
pumps from them or elsewhere.

Thanks for your help,

Martin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor