RE: Re: TIVO Connections

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: TIVO Connections
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:29:56 +0100

Does Mr. Tonks have web site?
Everyone recommends famous Mr.Tonks.
Nik
-----Original Message-----
From: Don McAllister [mailto:donmc@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 May 2002 11:55
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: TIVO Connections

Since getting my Tivo several months ago, I've used my VCR about three
times. Once to copy a home movie onto Video for a relative, and the
other two times were to tape programs for the kids when there was a
programming conflict with what I wanted to Tivo. Of course, I made sure
the kids programs went on the video :-)

Programs I want to archive, I've started capturing to my PC using a AIW
board and saving in SVCD format. Quality is OK and better than VCR. The
VCDs will play back on my DVD player.

Next step is to install this turboNet card on my desk into the Tivo and
look at playing about with extraction over LAN directly from the TiVo
for archiving. For my own use, blah, blah...