RE: Linet Network Nodes

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Linet Network Nodes
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:42:10 +0100

> Where are you exactly with the TCP/IP solution ? (I thought I
> saw John Tankard's site also talk about a TCP/IP approach ?).

You are correct I have a 8 channel working, it (the prototype) works via
several input methods:-

1) hard wire switch closure (this can be T&E) low voltage (could be
conveterd to mains)
2) hard wire to HV output port ( works well and very stable)
3) RS232 to a keypad
4) RS422 to keypads (a few bugs to sort out)
5) http
6) pop3, it has a email address

The untit is far from finised although it works it could be described as
dangrous !

Open frame
Output is from a triac with no second relay so in the off state the lamp
holder is still live

It will get sorted when I get time, I would realy like to sell it either
as a kit or compleate, but with CE approval that is unlikley to try and
recover some of the development costs. Its due for a re-design very
soon, and will get de-soldered again :-) back to house running lighting
by SSR's :-)

At the moment I am working on a TCP/IP key holder, using a jack plugs
and skts with 1-wire silicon ID's inside, so when that is finised I will
get back to the lighting.

John

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor