Rios - Job Done, but even more to come!

Guys,

Firstly, apologies for this 3-way cross-post, but I think I need to tie up all the strands in one go... I thought it was time for a status update on the tremendous amount of things that have happened on the Rio Receiver front. In the space of 5 weeks, this is what has happened:

- 14 people bought a Rio from SB, at a discounted price
- 6 people bought two Rios from SB, at a discounted price
--- making 28 happy customers according to the poll on UKHA_Rio_Purchase... but according to SB we actually sold 39, so I don't know where the others are ;-)

- 4 people were unable to get hold of Rios from SB owing to stock shortages

HOWEVER, those 4 should all have received an email from me, giving them a second-hand source I managed to find who wanted to sell 4 in the UK :-)

I also wrote some JReceiver documentation :-) For JReceiver users, there's another treat in store - namely a patch that allows the "line out" hack and the "web control of Rio" hack to exist in a JReceiver-served Rio... watch for an announcement on the JReceiver_user group in the next couple of days.

There are still some things to do:

- Keiran has finally succumbed to pressure, and will be porting his amazing "create a Pronto CCF file for all your albums" over to JReceiver. At present, it only works on the Linux "Mock server".

- There's still some JReceiver Windows documentation to go.

- I've been doing a bit towards finding a solution to transcode MP2 streams, such as those produced by the Psion Wavefinder, into MP3 streams that can be played back via a Rio. Hopefully someone with more knowledge and skill will sort this soon :-)

Anyway, in summary, I'm pretty much asking that we close down the UKHA_Rio_Purchase group in the next few days... If there are any JReceiver-specific questions, the right place to post them is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jreceiver_user/ . Likewise, if there are any general Rio receiver questions, then the right place for them is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/audioreceiver/

I'm guessing that UKHA_D will continue to accept questions on these topics from time to time... :-)

Anyway, this is Mark Harrison, signing off, and wanting to express his thanks, in no particular order to:

- Mark McCall, for getting me into this back in 1998, and for specific help on chasing SB
- Graham Howe, for services above and beyond in getting a bunch of DDARs into the country originally
- Paul Wootton, Phil Harris, but especially James Hoye, for sorting out my house so I can use my (6) Rios
- Keiran Broadfoot, for his amazing work on Pronto integration to date
- Dave Brand, for his work on the JReceiver + remote-control hack
- Reed Esau, for his work on JReceiver
- all of you who sent me thank-you messages, on-group, by personal email, with a drink last week, or simply verbally. I hope you'll all have as much fun with your music as I do

Regards,

Mark

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor