-----Original Message-----
From: Justin [mailto:justin@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 May 2002 10:30
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Homeseer/CID/Meteor

Pete,
that's a very polite way of saying RTFM ;-)

I have emailed Rich and he quite likes the idea of being able to attach a
script (or 1 liner) to a HSP phonebook entry, so hopefully that will appear
in a future release.

All,
Just to clarify what I am doing...
I have decided to write my own HomeSeer Meteor plugin as I wanted to tie CID
into HomeSeer Phone. If I didn't want to use HSP I would have used Patrick's
plugin and saved myself much time & effort!

The idea is that when CID is available on an incoming call the number is
looked up against the HSP phonebook, the name (if a match is found) and
number are then passed to HSP so it can then perform various actions based
on who is calling. e.g:
      Terminate the call (perhaps the Mother-in-law :-))
      Take a message.
      Enable the caller (with PIN code) to perform actions using DTMF or
voice
recognition.
Whatever happens, HomeSeer is also notified that there is an incoming call
with CID available.

Outgoing numbers will also be looked up against the HSP phonebook and
several virtual devices within HS will be populated with relevant info. e.g.
name, number, call duration etc.
I guess you could run a script based on the value of any of these virtual
devices changing. e.g. if outgoing name = any of SWMBO's friends then
disconnect the call after 2 hours :-)

At the end of a call (in or out) the call information will be logged to a
file.

I don't want to go down the "my plugin does this", "my Dad is bigger than
your Dad" road. That's not the point. I am writing this because I have
specific requirements for CID usage & I thought I would share. If it is
useful to others then that's cool! If it's almost what you want but "how
about..." then let me know.

I'm still open to the idea of working with Patrick on this, but as he said,
he already has a long to-do list & isn't bothered about HomeSeer Phone! - so
I thought I would leave him alone!

Cheers,
Justin.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor