RE: X10 Heating & Security Automation - Another Newbie Question!

Priorities 2 and 3:

Our service would be worth you looking at Anthony.

Simply, we enable alarm systems to be monitored and controlled
via any internet enabled device, and text, email and phone messges
to be relayed to you on a variety of alerts (personal attack, fire,
burglary, temperature, power failure, flood, etc).

But also, if your alarm panel is X10 enabled (eg Visonic PowerMax),
you can control these also via the same web interface. Turn your lights
on from work, switch on the sprinklers if the temperature hits a certain temperature or even switch off your water supply in the even of a flood.
Of course you would need to get relevant X10 modules fitted at the right places!

The PowerMax has 8 X10 control zones on top of the normal alarm zones,
and we are in testing on another make and model which has 36 X10 zones, which would allow you to expand in a modular manner, as required.

As you have a cable modem you can use our website as your user interface for no extra cost, and it has been designed to make it easy to set your
X10's timers, etc, remotely.

It may be, if its only a few years old, that your alarm system is
already compatible, or if its a major make, it could be upgraded fairly
painlessly by an installer, again reducing your overheads. If you let me know the make and model, I can investigate for you, or put one of our
approved installers in touch with you.

Our service is monthly subscription, but the cost remains fixed no matter how many alerts you receive, or controls you may need to do in the month.
A shame you weren't at the meeting last week as we demo'd all this to the group...

Send me your address off list and I'll send you some info, or by all means<= BR> ask me any other questions you may have.

BTW, there were some discussions last Friday about the merits and drawbacks=
of
integrating Home Automation with security systems, but I'm not going into that
one here!

Hope this helps.

Scott Crowther
Intamac Systems Ltd