-----Original Message-----
From: J Starkie [mailto:ukha.jstarkie@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 13 May 2002 20:29
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] SMART HOME TECHNOLOGIES AT THE CEDIA UK EXPO 2002

Does anyone fancy attending this exibition ?

If so could it be made into a london type meet what are peoples thoughts ?

CEDIA TAKES THE LID OFF SMART HOME TECHNOLOGIES AT THE CEDIA UK EXPO
2002.

> Brighton Centre, Brighton, UK June 18th-20th 2002. Seminars from 17th.=
>
> Once again, the world of custom installation finds expression at the CEDIA
> UK Expo: the UK's only trade forum dedicated to exploring the latest > know-how and hardware available to the custom installer. The format offers
> "hands-on" demonstrations by the UK's leading suppliers on t= he
show-floor,
> and concurrently, concentrated training through a comprehensive
programme
> of training seminars held at the same venue.
>
> The CEDIA UK Expo 2002 will be the biggest and most influential Expo to
> date, attracting seasoned installers from the UK and Europe and many new
> visitors from both constituencies.
>
> The seminar programme caters for practitioners of all abilities, and this
> year, CEDIA UK is hoping to provide translation of key courses into other
> European languages. Twenty courses cover the main CI disciplines such<= BR> as
> home cinema room design, residential cabling, sub system integration,<= BR> > lighting controls and home networking at advanced and introductory
levels,
> supported by technology updates and ground breaking research in
related
> fields. Following please find a list of seminars:
>

> List of seminars
>
> 1)      ACTIVE LOUDSPEAKER HOME THEATRES:
>       A PRACTICAL GUIDE
> 2)      ADVANCED LIGHTING & CONTROL -
>       RUN IN CONJUNCTION WITH COURSE 13
> 3)      BENCH TEST : SEEING THROUGH THE HYPE<= BR> > 4)      BRAIN TECHNOLOGY
> 5)      BUSINESS WORKSHOP
> 6)      CEDIA FOUNDATION COURSE
> 7)      ELITE SALES & MARKETING SKILLS > 8)      HOME CINEMA ROOM DESIGN:
>       ACOUSTICS & ARCHITECTURE IN HARMONY=
> 9)      HOME CINEMA WORKSHOP
> 10)      HOME NETWORKING
> 11)      HOW TO GENERATE A WINNING PROPOSAL > 12)      INSIDE SCOOP FROM THE SILICON VALLEY=
> 13)      INTRODUCTION TO LIGHTING
>       RUN IN CONJUNCTION WITH COURSE 2
> 14)      KEEP YOUR CLIENTS AND YOURSELF SMILI= NG
> 15)      MULTI-ROOM AUDIO SYSTEMS
> 16)      NEW TECHNOLOGIES UPDATE
> 17)      RESIDENTIAL CABLING:
>       WIRING FOR THE DIGITAL FUTURE
> 18)      SUB SYSTEM INTEGRATION
> 19)      SYSTEMS INTEGRATION IN THE REAL WORL= D
> 20)      SELLING UPSCALE PRODUCTS:
>       CLOSING THE BIG TICKET SALE
> 21) INSTALLATION TIPS & TRICKS
>
> Product training from a number of exhibitors will be available over the 4
> days. The exhibitors from the fields of security, satellite, lighting,=
> home automation and A/V include AMX, ANDERS & KERN, API, ARCAM, AW= E,
> BARCO, CHANNEL VISION, CRESTRON, C.S.E., FLAT DISPALYS, FUJITSU,
GECKO,
> HAYDEN LABS, IMERGE, KEF, KUBE DESIGN, LONGBOW SP, LENBROOK, LINN,
LUTRON,
> MARANTZ, MARATA, MERIDIAN, RUNCO, OWL VIDEO, OPTOMA, QED, PATH
PREMIER,
> PIONEER, SCC, SEE HEAR, SHARP, SILENT GLISS, STELJES, THE CHORD
COMPANY,
> TAG MCLAREN AUDIO.
>
> A CPD course will also be run on the Thursday to give architects
insight
> into the world of custom installation and what installers/designers can
> offer them.
>
> In the words of CEDIA UK Chairman Andy Baker: "The 2002 UK Expo i= s
about
> 60% bigger than last year's highly successful show, and we're hoping to
> attract a commensurate number of new visitors. CEDIA's global
initiatives
> are bringing more know-how to an expanded educational schedule, and our
> show-floor is brimming with new ideas. There is no more concentrated a=
> focus on CI techniques and hardware available anywhere in the UK."= ;
>
> This year as last, members of the public will be welcomed as the
guests of
> CEDIA members at a cost of =A310 per head. Those interested should
contact
> their local CEDIA member personally. A list a members is available via=
the
> CEDIA UK website: www.cedia.co.uk.
>
> Trade enquiries should be directed to the CEDIA UK office on 01462
627377
> or book online on www.cedia.co.uk

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or