RE: RE: (ukha_d) Help with HomeSeer UK weather script for Newbie

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE: (ukha_d) Help with HomeSeer UK weather script for Newbie
  • From: "M McAree" <michael.mcaree@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:41:37 +0100

> From: Nic Blinston [mailto:ukha@xxxxxxx]
> >
> Now what might be really useful would be a way to incorporate live
> weather forecast data into some scripts. Example: tomorrow it is
> expected to be only 8 degrees, so the system will turn on the heating
> a little earlier to get it nice and warm. I'm sure there could be
> other uses - but is it possible?

Sure is. Homeseer controls the timer settings for my heating. When not
in away mode then on for an hour in the morning etc. As it is on an AD10
Comfort can control it also.
I have a 1-wire weather station also and the temps are recorded by
homeseer. I have incorporated this into the afternoon heating script. If
temp is < 8 then switch heating on etc

My Touchlinc Setup
http://www.barnett-hall.net/mmca/touchlinc.html

Regards