Splitting Inputs

Hi Rob

I did a very quick search on IR controlled switches and came up with the following,

http://www.hometech.com/infrared/switches.html#CC12

You just need a few of these and you'll be well away, blow the cost! :-)

Tracey

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Height:   4 5 6 7  ft 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 in
Weight:
Sex:   F M

    Hi Rob,

        = Are your amps , pre-amps as well ? If= so and=20 they have a tape output then you may have an easy workable solution. J= ust=20 feed the tape output of one into an unused input on the other and visa= =20 versa. Then any source on either amp can be played through the speakers.=20 Some clever amps even have a source selection for the tape output that= is=20 independent of the source actually playing which would be ideal, giving you= =20 multi zone effectively. If you have one pre-amp and two amps this second=20 facility might work well for you too although you might not have volume con= trol=20 of the tape output.

        = Alternatively there are some IR switc= hable=20 analogue source selectors around at good prices (circa =A335)- try Keene or= =20 Lektropak - I am not sure of the quality though. Switching digital sou= rces=20 is more complex - Nirvis used to do one called the DXS, there are a co= uple=20 more I will dig out if this is of interest. There are some cheap and cheerf= ul=20 'Y' splitters (passive) available - they tend to mess the audio levels up=20 because they don't match the impedances correctly but they do work. You jus= t get=20 lower volume and poss. some effects on top end frequency response. Haven't = seen=20 a low cost, multi channel active splitter but I am sure they=20 exist.

    Kevin