-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Booth [mailto:stuart@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 13 May 2002 19:50
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Homeseer/CID/Meteor

On 13 May 2002, at 14:03, peter.white@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Just to let those who use Meteor with HS, I've just posted up a script
> that gets HS to announce the caller based on the CID info (or, if not
> found, it announces the phone number instead).

Having just acquired a Meteor unit late last week (thanks Justin
and Brian !), this post reminded me of the AT&T Voices thing that's
come up in the past on the list.

Does Homeseer use these voices to announce the caller?

One thing I am clear in my own mind is that I absolutely do not
want a 'known' voice speaking to me in the house. I have long
thought that if I ever went down this route I'd ask a female friend
(all the best SciFi computers have female voices) if she had any
willing female friends (!) who'd help out with some recorded
words/sentences on the understanding that I never meet said
person. Well, unless they look like Lexa Doig, all you Andromeda
fans out there.

I'm now looking at prices for this HomeSeer s/w.

> Not sure if this link will work...

Worked fine once I'd registered.

Stuart

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx