-----Original Message-----
From: tefxp [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 May 2002 10:49
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] Re: First pics of London Meet 2002

> Confusing for me - and possibly painful for the person making the
> statement if I ever remember who he was as I had had a few beers
> (remember what I'm like after beer eh PaulG?) - was someone
walking up,
> shaking me by the hand and saying "So you're Phil ... You're not
as fat
> and old as I was expecting you to be."

ermm....hmmm - that _might_ have been me - though I'm sure I only
said something along the lines of expecting you to be older (to
which you replied that @ 32, you are old!
My own girth, and indeed that of the majority of the UKHA-ers in
attendance would have precluded me from mentioning fatness or
otherwise :]
Of course, it is entirley possible that some other person thought
you 'sounded older' in your emails, so maybe it wasn't me.....

BTW, Dr John - for some reason I thought you were a bearded chap.
On the way home I realised that the image I had in my head was of
Gerry Adams.....
Ablsoutely no idea why either mate - I'm sure I was sane before I
got into all this automation stuff....

>We might all be classed as "sad bastards" by our other halves but
>it's a great group of people we have here.

Have to say I agree with you there - I met a gr8 bunch of ppl @ the
meeting, even if none of you looked like I expected!

Oh, and it's not just the SWMBO who thinks we're "sad bastards".
She has all her m8s (and mine) thinking the same too :-))

Now then, who's up for making this a twice annual fest?
We've just had the spring meet, so how about a UKHA-Fall event??????

cheers,

Tony

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor